Our mission is to train competitive highly-skilled specialists for the state, municipal, social and business entities. The programmes of the University aim to develop universal and professional competencies in students for both practical and research work.
The University’s activity combines fundamental traditions of Russian higher education and modern educational technologies. As a result, the following key principles of the University activity are implemented at the highest international level of excellence:
- Continuity - University of Technology opens up various opportunities for learning and development: elementary and secondary vocational education, bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes, continuous professional development at retraining and qualification upgrading courses, doctoral school.
- Quality - Considerable experience in educational activities has been gained at the University. Several thousands of highly professional specialists trained by competent and talented academics have successfully graduated from the University since its establishment.
- Accessibility - In all senses. Firstly, everyone can choose an appropriate form of education in compliance with his/her wish, age, place of residence, income level, health grounds, status in employment and others. Secondly, University of Technology is located in science city Korolev which is within easy reach by different means of transport. For example, it takes about 25-30 minutes to get to Korolev from Moscow.
- Technological effectiveness - Usage of modern innovative achievements in the field of educational technologies makes teaching and learning process more effective and advantageous.
University of Technology today
At present, University of Technology is a multiprofile institution, which affords ground for obtaining vocational education of different levels. Today about 6,000 students of the University study and attend refresher courses in 50 majors and specialities. They include:
- 17 majors of bachelors and specialists;
- 8 majors of magister’s degree;
- 10 programmes of academics training;
- 15 programmes of secondary vocational education;
Teaching and learning activities are given at 5 faculties of the higher education and at 2 colleges (the secondary vocational education). The highly qualified specialists are trained in fields of:
- space rocket building;
- information technologies;
- management in technical systems;
- information security;
- accounting and economic analysis;
- customs affairs;
- state and municipal management;
- psychology, etc.
The University has 314 academic staff members and 80% of them are DSc and Phd. In 2015 the total number of publications in Russian and foreign academic editions comprised 309 research papers.
There is a highly developed international activity at the University. The treaties on cooperation are signed with 30 foreign universities and organizations. The University of Technology was the first regional university with which Federal Agency «Rossotrudnichetvo», having its representations in about 100 countries, has signed the agreement on cooperation. The University is a regular participant in many international exhibitions, conferences and forums. University of Technology has H+ status in ANABIN international system. About 500 foreign students are studying at the University now.
The University actively participates in Erasmus+ and other international exchange programmes. There is an International Club which has united the Russian and foreign students of the University.
The strategy of education, science and business integration is implemented at the University through creating basic departments, specialized scientific-educational centers and research-educational laboratories at the region enterprises of the scientific-industrial complex, in scientific institutions and business structures. 12 basic departments and 8 scientific-educational centers, set up in the Moscow Region, work successfully now. The innovative approaches are widely applied in the educational process: lectures with multimedia presentation, theoretical and tutorial seminars, practical and field classes, business games, trainings, thematic debates and round tables, interviews, distance learning technologies, consultations and etc. Educational curriculum includes project designing, internships, practical trainings at the enterprises and in scientific-research organizations.
Training at the University guarantees employment in the top companies and organizations not only in the Moscow Region but in Russia in whole.